Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Went Short During Cut

I went short by buying the SDS Short Fund about 2 hours before the announcement. I had a feeling they wouldn't cut because I didn't want them to cater to market expectations. But, they did cut rates on par with what the market was expecting and everything sold off. Which doesn't quite surprise me as we already had the "cut rate rally" before the announcement so now that we know the fed did what we wanted, the rally isn't there anymore. Expectations have been met.

 

Anyway, I got in at 49.92 I told a couple people I was going short and everyone laughed at me so I knew I was doing the right thing. I sold out at 50.44 and SDS continues to climb as I'm writing this. Just under 50.80. It's really volatile though huge jumps and then comes back down. But I'm happy with my decision.

 

sds trade chart 2

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: