Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mission Statement

I've written up a business/trading plan for my "how" of what I'm doing but I'm currently reading a book called "Trade with Passion and Purpose: Spiritual, Psychological and Philosophic keys to becoming a Top Trader" by Mark Whistler, and he mentioned you need to know "why" you're doing this. Why do you trade? So when you go through a series of losses for example, and ask yourself, "what the hell is the point of this? Why do I keep trading?", you can go back to your mission statement and be enlightened as to why you keep on going.

 

This is my Mission Statement/Purpose:

 

My purpose is to be profitable over the course of my trading career. I trade because I love trading with a passion. I am trading so I can financially liberate myself. So I can have the time to develop myself as a person as well as pursue other interests. While giving back and donating to local charities to help younger generation kids who aren't as fortunate as I am to be doing what I love. I am a trader because I love the mental stimulation, self growth, and the personal battle towards success. Anything is possible in the market, and if someone else can succeed, so can I.

Why do I trade? Someone asked me the other day why I wanted to get into trading. I thought it about it and this was my response.

 

Well for the most part, I really really love the challenge. I like knowing that there's only an elite 10% that survive and I know I can get there. I'm driven by passion and the desire to succeed. I've dedicated everything to becoming a consistently profitable trader. Trading is just,...it's the ultimate in personal development and I love being tested and I love beating expectations. I love the process of trading, the ups and downs, constantly striving to better myself each day. I love that and I can't imagine doing anything else..It's just one of these things that clicks with me, this is what I want to do.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

Parker said...

nice - its important to put stuff like this down in writing. I like it.

Parker

http://parkercapital.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that at 20 you have defined foryourself some pretty incredible goals... goals that many adults have not yet come to grips with. Good luck!!